Position Opening: Youth Minister
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church is a dynamic, welcoming Christian community whose members seek to know God, support one another, and serve Christ among our neighbors and in the wider world.
Our program of Youth Ministries at St. Paul’s is based on the idea that through establishing safe, peace-filled relationships among the youth and between youth and adults, we share our stories, lives, joys, fears, and faith. Through these relationships, we experience the grace of God, and we grow into knowing more fully a living Jesus Christ in our everyday lives.
The person we seek is passionate about youth, church, faith development and pastoral care, with the energy and talent to build a sense of community and engage young people in meaningful, relevant ministry.
The Youth Minister, lay or ordained, is a full-time member of the Program Staff. S/he reports to the Minister for Christian Formation and Program and serves at the pleasure of the Rector. The Youth Minister will:
• Serve as primary pastoral contact for teenagers, young adults and their families
• Recruit and develop volunteers to support activities including Sunday evening youth group for junior high and senior high, confirmation classes, senior high youth forum,
drama ministries, youth involvement in liturgy, outreach and parish life, diocesan youth
events, mission trips, and pilgrimages
• Communicate with youth, parents, congregation and leadership regarding youth
• Coordinate and develop program opportunities for young adults (18-35 years)
• Work with Minister for Christian Formation to offer parent education, resources and
• Collaborate with other members of the program staff to engage all parishioners fully in
the life of the church – worship, discipleship, apostleship and kinship.
The Youth Minister will participate in worship as appropriate and in various planning meetings with other members of the staff, Vestry, and leaders of Youth and Christian Formation Ministries.
Applications will be received until position is filled.
For more information, or to apply, please contact Kate Gillooly, Minister for Christian Formation and Program at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (216) 932-5815.