Organist - St. Michael’s in the Hills, Toledo
Organist Job Description
St. Michael’s in the Hills Episcopal Church
We are seeking an organist who will continue and enhance our fine musical tradition and worship life. We are a progressive parish that values tradition in all aspects of parish life. The music at Saint Michael’s is rooted in the Anglican tradition, is used to enrich the service and encourage congregational participation.
· Works in collaboration with the Director of Music to provide cohesive musical settings for each service.
· Must notify the Director of Music a minimum of four weeks for planned absences.
· Regular reviews and evaluations with the Director of Music and Rector.
· Coordinate with the Director of Music and the Rector in planning, preparing, and playing of music appropriate to each service.
· Prepare music for up to four annual services—Ash Wednesday, Good Friday and two Christmas Eve services.
· Select and perform an appropriate weekly prelude and postlude.
· Accompany scheduled rehearsals of the Senior Choir and very occasionally the Youth Choir.
· Accompany soloists as needed.
· Accompany the Children/Youth musical every other year.
· Play for funerals and weddings as available. Compensated by honorarium.
· Engage competent substitute organists/accompanists for worship services, choir rehearsals or special events when unavailable.
· Opportunities to perform organ recitals compensated by honorariums.
The organist reports to and collaborates with the Director of Music.
· Excellent organist, pianist and accompanist.
· Confident sight-reader.
· Collaborates with church staff.
· Clear communicator.
· Preferred knowledge of the Anglican tradition with familiarity and comfort in different musical styles.
$10,000-$15,000, based upon skill, education and experience level. This position is defined as a quarter time, salaried, year round position.
Send Cover letter and Resume to:
Kristina Green-Hill, Director of Music
4718 Brittany Rd, Toledo, OH 43615
Position Available – January 1, 2017
Applications accepted until position is filled. Review process begins October 1, 2016