Vital congregations develop around a core of people who understand themselves to be on journeys with God, and who think of their church as going somewhere
. As members become increasingly intentional about their faith, they also become more interested in discovering and sharing God in their lives and neighborhoods.
To these ends, and working with the Christian Formation Commission (CFC), the Diocese of Ohio provides:
Effective Parish Communications
- Annual Conferences – We offer affordable, high quality conferences and trainings by leaders from all over the larger church, Episcopal and otherwise. Annually, these include the Winter Convocation, the Lay and Clergy Leadership Conference, and often one more daylong conference in an area of congregational life or faith formation.
- Financial and Program Support – We provide four types of direct grants to congregations (Faith Formation, Ministry and Growth, Lay Continuing Education, and Targeted Development) to assist them in funding new initiatives otherwise beyond their means to begin.
- Specialized Congregational Training – We make available Vestry Leadership retreats and programs and training/coaching for congregations in areas such as Holy Currencies, Intergenerational Faith Formation, and local ministry development.
- Diocesan Resource Center – Our office also provides a curated and up-to-date collection of curricula, books, and other program resources available at no cost to Diocese of Ohio congregations.
- Sunday School Curriculum - The Resource Center also provides prepaid access for Diocese of Ohio congregations to Weaving God’s Promises, a three-year Episcopal Sunday school curriculum for children and youth consisting of 36-47 lessons per year.
- Stewardship Support – We maintain a diocesan level membership in The Episcopal Network for Stewardship (TENS) to provide congregations with prepaid access to their excellent stewardship resources and annual Stewardship Campaign materials. The Diocesan Development Office is also available for training and parish consultations.
- Lay Licenses – We train and administer Lay Preaching Licenses, Worship Leader Licenses, and Safeguarding God’s Children certification.
– New this year, we provide prepaid accounts for all Diocese of Ohio congregations to Flocknote
, a comprehensive parish communications software for obtaining up to date contact lists and providing electronic parish newsletters as well as emails and texts to members.
For more information see Congregations & Christian Formation and Faith Formation.