The Diocese of Ohio fully subscribes to the Episcopal Church’s Charter for Lifelong Christian Formation
. We believe meaningful faith formation from birth to death is at the core of all else the church is and does.
To these ends, and working with the Christian Formation Commission
(CFC), the Diocese of Ohio provides:
- Diocesan Youth Events – The Diocese sponsors three youth events each year: one in the spring, another in the fall, and a third, called Happening, in the winter.
- Education for Ministry (EfM) – We have an active community of EfM groups that meet in various congregations around the diocese and are open to all members of the diocese. EfM is a unique four-year certificate program in theological education based upon small-group study and practice.
- Diocesan Resource Center – Our office also provides a curated and up-to-date collection of curricula, books, and other program resources available at no cost to Diocese of Ohio congregations
- Sunday School Curriculum - The Resource Center provides prepaid access for diocesan congregations to Weaving God’s Promises, a three-year Episcopal Sunday school curriculum for children and youth consisting of 36-47 lessons per year.
- Financial Support – Vacation Bible School, Mission Trip, Adult Faith Formation, College, and Young Adult Ministry formation grants are available to congregations; Lay Continuing Education grants are available to individuals.
- Intergenerational Faith Formation - Customized training for developing comprehensive intergenerational formation and ministries within congregations is offered on a periodic basis.
- Special Opportunities – Each three years we send a large group of teens and young adults to the national Episcopal Youth Event (EYE) and on occasion make available other trips. We also sponsor spiritual retreats from time to time, including the Bishop’s Easter Retreat.
For more information see Congregations & Christian Formation and Congregational Vitality.