The Diocese of Ohio is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion represented in the United States by The Episcopal Church.
The Episcopal Church of Ohio ministers in our Church and in our communities in many inspiring ways.
We are seeking an Organist who will continue to enhance our fine musical tradition and worship life. We are a traditional parish with a long history of outstanding choirs; we hope to further expand our music program in the years ahead. Our Schantz rebuilt console is said to be among the finer organs in the area, recently upgraded with MIDI compatibility.
· Works in collaboration with the Rector and Choirmaster to provide appropriate music
throughout the year.
· Periodic reviews and evaluations with the Rector.
· Coordinate with the Rector and Choirmaster in planning, preparing, and playing of music
appropriate to weekly service. (10am Sundays)
· Prepare music for additional annual services—Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good
Friday, Easter Vigil, and two Christmas Eve services. In addition, we intend to resume our monthly Last Sunday Evensong services in the fall.
· Select and perform an appropriate weekly prelude and postlude.
· Weekly Thursday rehearsals with the Choir. (Sept.-June)
· Play for funerals and weddings as available. (Compensated by honorarium.)
· Excellent organist, pianist and accompanist.
· Confident sight-reader.
· Collaborate with church staff.
· Clear communicator, with basic knowledge of email and computers.
· Working knowledge of the Anglican worship tradition, and ability to support congregational
Approximately $10,000, based upon skill, education, and experience level. This position is
defined as 1/4 time, salaried, year-round employee. Four weeks vacation annually.
Send Cover letter and Resume to:
The Rev. George Baum
St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church
226 Third St SE
Massillon OH 44646
Position Available – immediately
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Resources for clergy and lay leaders.
Ways to Give
Designate a Gift to Your Parish or the Diocese
Get in Touch
Let us know if you have any questions or are in need of assistance.