The Finance Office of the Diocese of Ohio provides information, education and assistance to parishes in a broad range of financial matters. We can assist parishes in these primary areas: compliance with Diocesan and Episcopal Church canons, financial management, financial structure and systems, and regulatory compliance. Our office seeks to partner with parishes to confront their financial challenges and offer advice and recommendations compatible with the diocesan mission to grow, give and serve.
How We Can Help
The Finance Office provides information, education and assistance to parishes & related Episcopal organizations in the following areas:
- Payroll and employee benefits
- Trusts, bequests, and endowments
- Assistance with parish reporting: Assessments, Audits, Parochial Reports, Pensions – Lay and Clergy, Insurance
- Accounting/bookkeeping assistance
- Loans and grants for capital purchases/improvements
- Financial Best Practices
- Policies and procedures
- Canonical compliance
- Financial governance
Standard Mileage Rates for 2021
The IRS has issued the standard mileage rates for the calendar year 2021. The rates are as follows:
- Business miles, $.56 per mile, down from $.575 in 2020;
- Medical or moving miles, $.16 per mile, down from $.17 in 2020; and
- Charitable mileage, $.14 per mile, unchanged from 2020.
Further information about use of the standard mileage rates can be found in either IRS Rev. Proc. 2010-51, or IRS Notice 2016-79. Either can be found on the IRS website at www.irs.gov.
Parish Reporting / Assessments Compliance for 2021
Please click the link below for the corresponding report:
2021 Parish Assessments Compliance
2020 Parish Assessments Compliance
2019 Parish Assessments Compliance
2021 Parish Compliance
Good Friday Offering
Here is the information about remitting Good Friday Offerings:
Please make check payable to the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society and write "Good Friday Offerings" on the memo line.
Send all payments to :
DFMS - Protestant Episcopal Church US
PO Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
Diocesan Business Practices Canon - Adopted by Diocesan Council - October 20, 2016
Business Practices for Parishes - Effective January 1, 2017